- >180 crowns
- 0–179 crowns
Need to renew your membership and pay annual dues? Use the link below.
The Old Dominion Hops Cooperative was established as a Virginia State Corporation in 2014. The ODCH promotes the growth and development of the hops industry in the Mid-Atlantic and South Atlantic regions of the United States. ODHC members range from states including: Virginia, Maryland Delaware, North Carolina and Tennessee. In 2017, a number ODHC members were assisted in getting their crops into the market place and ODHC is working to expand that effort for for more growers in 2018.
The Cooperative is organized for the following purposes:
- Promoting, producing, marketing, buying or selling of quality, local hops
- Manufacturing, processing, storing, transporting, delivering, handling, buying for or furnishing supplies to its members and patrons
- Performing or furnishing business or educational or other services on a cooperative basis
- Financing any of the above-enumerated activities for its members
ODHC provides educational opportunities for its members and partners including:
- Cosponsor and promotion of the annual South Atlantic Hops Conference
- Members participate in the annual hop crop production survey
- Members support hop quality testing and research
- Members participate in University sponsored crop management studies
- Partnering with our State Cooperative Extension Services, ODHC members have opportunities to participate in hops specific pesticide/herbicide application training
ODHC support and coordinates the results of research and promotional efforts of Universities and Cooperative Extension Services to offer “One Stop Source” and technical advice for its members.
Research Partners Include:
- North Carolina State
- Virginia Tech
- Virginia State University
- North Carolina and Virginia Cooperative Extension Services
ODHC members directly aid the brewing industry and indirectly aid the hop growing industry by participating in festivals, conferences, and other events.
Events & Initiatives
- ODHC members staffed the annual Hops in the Park Festival at Henricus Historical Park
- ODHC members will man an information booth at the Hopped Cider festival in Richmond, Virginia
- Several ODHC members provided informational talks at area civic clubs and agribusiness forums
- Virginia members contacted their state representatives to express their support for pending legislation that would provide income tax relief from the sale of Virginia grown products used in the Virginia craft brewing industry
- ODHC will send a delegation to meet with the Secretary of the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Forestry to discuss the future of the hops industry
questions about membership? need to update your information? contact:
Randy Green, ODHC Chairman